Account Manager - Vancouver, BC
What's the role?
The role of Hilti North America (HNA) Account Manager is the direct link between Hilti and the customer. This position will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and growing the customer base for HNA. Consistently recognized by Selling Power Magazine as a top company to sell for, Hilti is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of quality, innovative, and specialized tool and fastening systems for professional users in a variety of construction trades.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software, and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Make outside, face-to-face sales growing a loyal customer base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position or market share within the territory
Develop, analyze, and manage business plans related to the customer database to effectively maintain and grow sales
Using Time and Territory Management (TTM), zone territory by customer potential and previous sales, create/own daily schedule, and utilize sales productivity tools
Demonstrate consultative selling; convince customers that they have a need for a product or service
Demo Hilti products and services in person, face-to-face, with customers
Identify the key roles on a jobsite project and understand their responsibilities and needs; obtain appointments with entry and mid-level decision makers at construction/ industrial companies
Identify and select top potential accounts within assigned sales territory
Analyze and identify which customers to target, what criteria to use to select customers, and create business plans to identify customer potential and where product gaps exist in a customer’s current purchasing habits
Collaborate with a variety of departments to be a successful account manager (materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service)
Care for and maintain company assets, e.g. company provided vehicle, van inventory, laptop, and smart phone to minimize loss due to damage or loss inventory
Participate in construction industry trade organizations to build relationships and network of contacts
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to the Regional Manager, who will be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Previous outside sales experience with proven track record of success of growing sales to a loyal customer base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position and market share within assigned territory
- Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
- Previous experience of preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for customers
- Previous experience assisting credit department collect on past due outstanding accounts receivables preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude of cold-calling skills at customer offices and jobsites required
- Clear career progression with no more than 2 companies in the last 5 years
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop engaged customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts
- Excellent time and territory management skills
- Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team playerMust be able to build prospects and business relationships
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and smartphones
- Must maintain a professional business appearance in accordance with HNA dress policy at all times
- Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility
- Vehicle/ Driver’s License Requirements:
- Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes
- A valid G license with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
- Account Manager has responsibility for prudent care and protection of company assets
Combination of home office, meetings, driving company vehicle to make sales calls at customer’s office, and making jobsite visits will be expected. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
Construction jobsites may also expose Account Managers to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), and General Contractors
Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb ladders and scaffolding, and able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds
“Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.”
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”