Bilingual Engineered Solutions Specialist - Quebec
What's the role?
Responsible for maximizing the specification and sales of designed engineered solutions and calculation services through identification of target applications, creation of designed solutions, provision of bid packages to all bidding contractors, convincing of winning bidder to use and purchase our solution and ensuring full delivery of the products and services agreed to on the purchase order. Develops and executes a unique bid strategy for each target project, with the goal to sell the relevant bid package to the responsible contractor. Position is primarily focused on delivering modular solutions and services to our top customers and projects centric to Hilti modular support system (Hilti Installation System product line).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Accountable for indirect management and development of the field personnel within the covered areas in relation to building technical and functional competencies in Firestop Markets, DX and measuring, including impact sales calls.
• Provide design service for Integrated solution business (ISB) using Hilti modular support system
• Provide engineered solutions for overhead grid, raised floor, pipe/cable tray supports, seismic bracing solutions, and any other modular support system application.
• Support the delivery of engineering designs for our BIM services. Attend project coordination meetings and support BIM Project Manager with client technical questions.
• Works directly with Hilti PMO to collect proper information and relay questions and change requests between PMO and customer. Supports the interface with 3rd party engineering and design partner.
• Participate in project logistics meetings to monitor progress and timeline of project delivery.
• Tracks successes/failures and regularly provides ROI assessment and bid proposal conversion rate.
• Responsible to oversee and review BOM as well as final order fulfillment.
• Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
• Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common-sense problem-solving capabilities
• Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
• Growing Integrated solution business (ISB) using Hilti modular support system for selected accounts:
• Regularly scans project databases and maintain a healthy pipeline of ISB opportunities.
• Builds relationships with bidding contractors by creating, submitting, and participating actively in, bid packages during pre-design and design phases.
• Coaches Account Managers (AM’s) in coverage area to improve competence of key project types, applications on Hilti modular support system products and their ability to answer basic technical questions.
• Support in providing professional educational seminars and presentations for engineering firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
• Provide field training and technical support to customers as needed during installation.
• Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
• Additional duties, as assigned
Working conditions include normal office environment as well as occasional travel to field and jobsites. Occasional domestic travel and US is required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
• Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
• Construction jobsites may also expose specialists to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
• Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and General Contractors
• Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 70 pounds of Hilti product
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to , who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Fluently Bilingual in French and English
• B.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering or 5+ years Hilti experience designing installation systems in the United States or Canada
• Professional engineering license (civil or structural), preferred
• Experience in a structural engineering design office or equivalent preferred
• Experience in modular support system engineering and design or steel design
• Familiarity with project plans, specifications, and commercial terms
• Good communication and project management skills
• Familiarity with US and/or Canadian steel design codes (AISC, AISI. CISC, NBCC.) preferred
• Familiarity with structural analysis software (RISA, STAAD Pro, RAM….etc.), preferred
• Familiarity with AutoCAD, preferred
• Proven success with selling value added and/or engineered solutions to contractors/end users
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”