Director of Human Resources
What's the role?
The role of the Human Resources Director is to help ensure Hilti business success by translating business strategy/objectives into HR initiatives and practices. Ensure the design and delivery of HR processes and practices are relevant and efficient to build sustainable organizational capability. Maximize employee contribution by bridging employee needs and business objectives and increasing employee commitment and competence. Increase the capacity for change by helping leaders and employees anticipate and adapt to the business environment and manage the transformation process.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 27,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Provide complete and effective workforce planning solutions to all departments and organizations
Manage Talent Portfolio (Talent Acquisition and Development) for organization to ensure achievement of organizational objectives
Design and align HR initiatives with business strategy and objectives
Work across business functions, HR teams, and organizational levels to deliver value added solutions to organization
Manage organizational and leadership assessments to meet business objectives
Continuously improve HR programs and practices to match current and future business needs
Serve as primary Human Resources consultant to Executive Management Team
Instill professionalism and business conduct with other Management Team members
Manage and influence organizational change in support of organization
Provide change management expertise in support of organization growth/evolution
Educate the organization in HR trends that affect the business
Develop and coach shared services team
Manage high risk investigations and legal issues that arise within the MO
Compliance Officer for Canada MO
Partner with HR functional teams to ensure HR programs and policies align with Canada legislation
Manage and develop the following direct reports; Sr. HR Generalist, HR Recruiter, HR Analyst
Identify and manage additional HR resources that are required to support the MO
Manage third party agency relationships specific to outplacement, recruiting, and wellness
Participate on the Pension Committee
Partner with the Director of Total Rewards on the Benefit renewal reviews and recommend changes for MO Canada
Partner with the business and compensation to develop the bonus plans for MO Canada specifically upper /base market and management bonus plans
Develop PMP standards, promotion criteria with the business and finance
Develop and manage the Wellness initiatives for MO Canada with support from the compensation team
Partner with Director Learning and Development on leadership training for MO Canada, and delivering candidates for the Outperformer program
Manage the SMD process with the CEMT to continually improve our leadership (level 3-5) pipeline of global talent; provide tips and tools for leadership on effective development discussions and effective use of our HR tools
Manage the Great Places to Work process and responses with the Canada HR team
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio . From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
What you need is:
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in Human Resources and two (2) to three (3) years line management level experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Professional Human Resources (PHR/SPHR/CHRP) certification a plus
- Extensive knowledge of current employment-related laws and best practices in human resource processes
- Skillful in written and oral communication, including persuasive negotiation skills
- Ability to partner with executive level leadership
- High degree of organizational awareness and ability to navigate organizational matrix to leverage resources
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Strong organizational abilities and PC skills required; Knowledge of SAP preferred
- High level of motivation and customer focused, continuous improvement mentality required in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Ability to manage priorities effectively
- Understands business drivers and financials, Key Performance Indicators and their relevance in achieving organizational vision
- Normal office conditions. Approximately 35-50% travel required.
- Must be able to relocate 2-3 years for professional development.
Pelase contact Katherine Cicciarella at email@example.com
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”