Fire Protection Specialist - Ottawa
What's the role?
The role of Fire Protection Specialist is accountable for market development and influence, including coordination and implementation of local market strategies, leading to an increase in sales and market penetration. Responsible for building technical and functional competencies to the sales force and customers through development of field personnel and by providing technical support. Additionally, the ability to drive sales of specified products within the assigned region to the sales force and customers is a must.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Focus on business development of Hilti's Firestop product line in a defined geographic area among current and prospective customers
• Provide technical support to Hilti's sales force and customers consistent with market strategy
• Offer professional educational seminars, presentations, and testing details
• Inform customers about Hilti products including their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
• Contribute to the growth of Hilti by providing competent advice and recommendations to building contractors and owners, architects and engineers, building and fire officials, and Hilti sales personnel on specific applications, using sound technical judgment
• Identify, develop, and manage the Hilti Accredited Firestop Specialty Contractor (HAFSC) Program; this includes full implementation of the HAFSC strategy
• Support and influence sales in other specified products including DX, anchors, and installation; seek out these opportunities and pass the required information on to the appropriate team member (Field Engineer, Account Manager, etc.)
• Gather, analyze, and report on market information regarding trends, competitive strategies/actions, innovations, and other business conditions, which have the potential to impact Hilti in the Firestop marketplace
• Identify and implement account acquisition strategies for key competitively owned accounts
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to Regional Manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; preferably in Professional Sales, Business, Marketing, Construction Technology, or Engineering
• Two (2) years minimum experience in construction product sales, fire protection, or related technical field
• Excellent communication skills required
• Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
• Demonstrate team skills and communicate with all internal Hilti team members
• Strong relationship selling skills required
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to multi-task daily while maintaining high performance standards
Must have valid CA driver’s license and comply with HNA Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”