Hilti Center Representative - Concord
What's the role?
The Hilti Center Rep is responsible for managing and operating a Hilti Center while maximizing walk-in sales and smaller field accounts while simultaneously providing a high level of customer service (95% order fill rates). All activities are performed with the ultimate objective of providing Total Customer Satisfaction and driving the Hilti Brand.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Sell, service, and promote the full Hilti product line directly to walk in customers and smaller field accounts; create innovative ways to drive sales through merchandising and product demo efforts
Review and analyze all shipping documents and sales trends; identify and make corrections to ensure correct inventory levels are on hand to drive sales
Post receipts, disbursements, and material returns; review reorder recommendations to ensure adequate replenishment of the Hilti Center
Expedite customer backorders and switch to locations that meet customers’ delivery requirements with the most cost effective mode of transportation
Reconcile opening, closing, and annual physical inventories for the Hilti Center
Audit Hilti Center cycle counts, backorders, unconfirmed orders, and manual stock status transactions to ensure inventory levels are correct and consistent
Maintain a clean and organized work area and storefront at all times; keep assigned equipment in good order
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching.
Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- After successful completion of the Hilti Center Representative Development Program, the next position will usually require a move; we are a global sales and marketing organization, geographic flexibility is a must
- Ability to lead change and adapt to a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to grow a loyal customer base in a retail setting while strengthening the company’s position and market share
- Ability to analyze information to help identify targeted customers and create business plans to identify customers’ potential where gaps exist in current purchasing habits
- Ability to properly care for and maintain company assets (e.g. company product)
- Ability to effectively demonstrate the proper use of Hilti products to customers
- Ability to work with all departments to be a successful Hilti Center Representative (materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service)
- Understanding of MS Office to manage, analyze, and develop business plans to effectively grow sales
- Understanding of the process for getting things done in a matrix organization
- Basic understanding of consultative selling techniques and sales through multiple channels
- Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”