Warehouse Worker II - Burnaby
What's the role?
The role of the Warehouse Worker II is responsible to provide superior sales support and customer service by working with the distribution team through the receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment functions, as well as organizational Lean objectives.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Responsible for the preparation and shipping of outbound parcels and receipt of inbound product
• Maintain functional expertise by reviewing and retaining task related ERP system transactions
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing tasks while meeting key performance targets
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet areas, racks, shelves, and workstations neat and orderly
• Prepare Hazmat paperwork for related shipments (Purolator / Dynamex / LTL)
• Prepare Bills of Lading
• Maintain inventory control by utilizing appropriate equipment and performing cycle counts
• Maintain quality service by following organizational standards
• Take lead role in projects when relied upon
• Communicate clearly both orally and in writing to internal and external customers as needed
• Provide leadership within day to day distribution operations while focusing on meeting and/or exceeding team performance targets, with or without management on site
• Take on a variety of roles within a given work day
• Other duties as needed or assigned
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading.
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COSHR)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and COSHR policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie.
Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED, preferred
• 2 years of proven warehouse experience, required
• PC literate; proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity, and practice innovation
• Dependability a must
• Willingness to travel to support Hilti North America (HNA) distribution network
• Flexibility in schedule required
• Ability to maintain a high sense of urgency while maintaining a clean and safe environment
• Ability to take lead role in projects when relied upon
• Ability to take on a variety of roles within a given work day
• Ability to provide constructive coaching to team members
• Ability to interface with all levels of the organization as needed
• Ability to multitask, be proactive, and make decisions during daily operations
• Ability to work with and train team members utilizing Situational Leadership skills
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”